Friday, May 01, 2009

Conversations with (Cook) God

God: So did you put my number on the internet

Me: No

G: why?

Me: coz you did not tell me which website to put on

G: What is a website?

Me: Go to hell, I don’t know.

G: Why don’t you put my number on the internet, so that I can get more business?

Me: Ok, now for god’s sake, cook some food for me.

G: Do it by today, ok.

Me: why not.

So I had to go to sulekha and put his ad, the copy reads something like this

My cook wanted to put this on the net so here it is. He goes by the handle…R cook, Cooks good food, lives in Bangalore’s outskirts, but is willing to travel on business.

This happened today morning and when I tried calling him to tell him what vegetable should he buy for tomorrow, his phone was switched off, for more than a couple of hours.

He is going to get another earful tomorrow, for putting an ad on net in morning and switching off his phone in evening. 

Ina completely unrelated development, I went to BSNL's office and they said, one month after I had applied to change the address, that it is not feasible as they will need to lay a cable, just for me. I almost freaked out, ran to airtel's office and the dude started educating me about all the tariff plans, I said, drop that just tell, is it feasible for you to give me a broadband connection. , Which area...ohh-ho seems difficult, we will try our best. Went back to BSNL office, expecting that AE might have come by now. The JTO lady who threw me out last week was on a leave. I asked the AE, so what now. He said, there is enough bandwidth in that area, I will send my man tomorrow and mostly you will get a connection. 

It seems, though I might be wrong, that somebody here was expecting me to grease their palms, hence they faked an unfeasible cable reason. The truth is not yet out; it depends on the dude who should come tomorrow to check feasibility, god willing. Again, I have been told before that I am a pessimist and as of today I am short on cash, so the greasing will need to be thrown out of window. 

But, life has humbled me many times before, when I have had to chew my words, reverse my actions and generally own up irresponsibility. 

Time will tell what I will need to do. 

2 comments:

Niti said...

funny...sarcastic..quite your style..:)

I like your tech savvy cook..

and well..BSNL..Airtel..no comments!! hope u gt ur work done though

Take a Hike said...

Yo, I have a style now, never knew that. Thank you.

That idiot changes his caller tune everyday, ass is pretty tech savy.

Even I hope so.

Followers