Monday, December 10, 2007

Maps review

Google Maps(G) is good because it came first, but yahoo Maps (Y) is better.

Because of this. The same place when viewed through both is identical, but Yahoo tells me the name of my teeny weeny village, my native place, while google does not.

So who is to blame, The purchase manager at Google who bought the maps software from Europa.
While Yahoo came later it maps are more detailed( They knew the name of my village, None of the kids in Std I had even heard about it)

Perhaps it is time for Google to change vendors.

Freaking shit....The dudes who sold the map to Yahoo are Indians. CE Info Systems

Well..well..well...It is about time for me to check yahoo maps for detailed places in the USA, and stop giving advice to google on how to run it's business.

P.S.: I think i got most of my facts incomplete if not incorrect. Yahoo has bought from an Indian company, i think, Maps only for India.

No comments:

Followers