Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Skeleton Woman : A review

Anurag Kashyap, in all his shorts shorts glory opened up the play.. a few lines

  1. People think I have directed this play, No I have not
  2. Nayantara is on her way, if she comes here by the time the play ends you may see her.
  3. No photographs please.

There is something about him. He is aware of the latent needs and subconscious expectations of the vox populi when he suddenly thrusts himself amongst them.

I did not get much of the play, other than that it was about Sea and fishes. Some reference to Conrad, I don't know. A lot of representation seemed to be an effort in portraying delusions, and I guess it is difficult to communicate delusions, as it is.

So, a few laughs here, a few there and and entertaining time spent. Given that it cost only 150 bucks, 50 short of my personal threshold , also helped.

So what do you want
Happiness
Why don't you get it then
If I knew how to, I would have got it by now

What I liked the most was the music Kalki hums towards the end. I don't know which music is that, and I don't know from where to start Googling to find that out.

The play is inspired by an Inuit folk tale. Something to do with the arctic and the Eskimos. I did not know till just now what Inuit even was.

Btw I thought Kalki was some kind of a French word. Wiki informs me it has something to do with Indian mythology. I surely need a course in Indian mythology.

Among other things, In Xanadu is a welcome change from the denseness of From the holy mountain. Humour was absolutely absent in the latter, but it is in plenty in the former.

2 comments:

Witness said...

hmm...:)

Take a Hike said...

hmm...

:)

Followers