Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ripples on water

So I end up at this place to do something, and figure out that actually that something doesn't start for another 12 hours. I have time to kill and my options are:

1. Sit outside and watch traffic. This wasn't a highway and I was in a village.
2. Sit on a computer and browse through presentations on banking
3. Alibaug
4. Google maps
5. Temples

Ruling out Alibaug and temples without a thought, and after some time the presentations, I opened up google maps on my cell. Randomly I saw something called Morbe Dam.

I jumped on it. I reached the dam, Typical village life was in process around us. This being India, a trifle inside the gate few villagers were gossiping away their way to glory. They were generally making fun of the village stupid. I tried to ignore them and walk straight up on the artificial road, created on the embankment made to stop the water. But, they stopped me.

We went to the other side, came across another set of houses, went down towards the bank and sat there. Doing nothing. Throwing stones in the water and watching the ripples. The last time, I did this was I guess five or so years back, in some rivulet near a friend's farmhouse in Talegaon, near Lonavala- Pune.

The water was soapy on the banks, because of the very high penetration of Indian FMCG companies in the Indian markets. At each place that I threw a stone, a kind of small sludge was formed. A semi- milestone in my quest of watching ripples.

We later went and climbed up the Arnala fort. The first time I did that in three visits to the Arnala Bird sanctuary. It is a three KM trek one way, and not very difficult. Nowhere closer to a few suicidal treks I have gone to in the near past. One was further north up and another near Roha. Both of them involved near vertical climb on huge boulders.

One was Avchitgad, from Nidhi station.

In the other I slept in Mulher, but I forget the name of the treks.

3 comments:

Witness said...

It's actually a good stress reliever:)

Take a Hike said...

Stress...what is stress.. :)

It's just fun to not do anything and, enjoy the process. Or rather my idea of fun.

Witness said...

true!dolce far niente!

Followers