Saturday, May 12, 2012

Paauj Dam Rajkot

So I randomly end up in Rajkot for some office work. I had for some reason assumed that it was some city in Rajasthan.


I saw Pauj Dam and Kaba Gandhi No Delo there. Mr. Gandhi's childhood residence. 


People for some reason were feeding wheat dough to fishes near Pauj Dam. I asked two people their reasons:

A: If I offer something to fishes only then will God offer me something
B: You should offer something to Vimuk living things. Also you should serve people who need help.

I struck up a conversation with Mr B and he offered me a lift back up to certain place in Rajkot from where I could take a share rickshaw. 

Sometimes I think Life becomes so easy if I randomly strike up conversations with unknown people and befriend them. The same principle somehow never works in a corporate career or I haven't been able to operationalize it. It contradicts with some other stupid theories on not accepting mediocrity and some other crap like that.  

Things said about me: 

C: You are quite philosophical. A colleague casually asked How are you and I said, Life goes on
D( A friend many years back, somewhere in 2006) : Either you will be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure. What ever you do in life you will do something spectacular. 

My response to him was, you know success means different things to different people, and somehow I have been a bit itsy bitsy about accepting the conventional idea around success. Small House, Small car, Big House , Big car, Bigger...

Books I have been trying to read: 
1. Nanchilnadu: The political economy of agrarian change
2. Straw Revolution. 

Nanchilnadu is a mashup between history and economics. Of the two subjects the former I hated when I was in my school and the later I loved during my MBA days. When I come to think about it, I only enjoyed two subjects during MBA, Statistics and Economics. Marketing was crap, SCM was good to listen and talk about, but I never figured it. Finance was a royal tangent, where I use to discover fundamental concepts on NPV and B/s after coming out of the exam hall. Or rather that, my concepts were flawed and as such the exam was over and there was no point in figuring out the right concepts now anyways.

Straw revolution is about Naturalism and a critique about the practices of mass agriculture available today. 

Marriage changes viewpoints. Like:
  1. A macbook pro is not such a bad thing after all
  2. The need for a direction in life and the communication about it to others around you
  3. Cutting down on One's impulsive nature
  4. Patience. 
  5. Kids??? Which species is called Kids. No clue.
  6. Stability. 
  7. A plan for life. 
Yeh duniya maya ki bagule jivan mukti kar le

BTW i discovered another super BS philosophy about life. Life is about finding problems, articulating them and solving them. Love is a team sport. So we keep finding our entanglements and fixing them, and life keeps on passing.These niggles will be there always. It will be like this forever. EIther you find contentment today or you will never find it.

My repartee: Contentment is Growth's anathema. Though better people than me have found the correct proportions to mix the both and live a fulfilling life.

This corporate life has indoctrinated me a bit. I have started thinking about salary, grades, promotions, performance etc. I was snapped out of this when a senior said this: 

I don't care about money. It felt like hearing myself a few years back. 

I have other things which are working for me here, my work is good, my boss is fine, I have been able to perform etc. 

For others of his batch a few things did not work out, like some freaked out thinking about money, some did not get a good boss, some got shitty work. And so they moved on.

Though I might be short in the long term about a corporate career, I have realised that in the short term, while I am in it, I need to be more hopeful. And keep working towards it with my magic wand on systems, constraints, objectives, iterations, indifference etc.  

In rajkot I had a special Khandawi opposite some cinema. Hotel was called some Lodge. And lunch in Bhabha Hotel. ON my way back stayed in Ahmedabad for a day and bought a couple of chunries from few shops near footpath near Piramal Garden. 

No comments:

Followers