Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The pleasure in walking

So, I am immobile in a way. There was a time, when generally I had nothing to do, and I would go for a walk, sometimes in a park, but mostly on the roads. The problem with parks being that you need to go around the same periphery time and again, and you keep seeing the same people.

The only adventure, I have is by walking in an anti clock direction. For some strange reason everybody walks in the clockwise direction, i.e. when looked from the heavens. I know clockwise and anti clockwise directions are not absolute.

So, now if I need a break or need to think on some pressing issue, I cannot walk. I have to walk within my house, which involves changing my direction of motion every half a meter, a hugely inconvenient exercise.

Only now do I marvel, on the miracle of our body, and it’s working . Now I will sure join a Gym, to make sure I remain fit.

If an attempt to make rotis is a war, then the dough is your enemy and the sookha aata your best ally. I attempted it today, and the atta somehow turned up very sticky. I had to use a lot of sookha aata to make sure I somehow managed to make rotis. Another of my assumptions which lies quashed today is that , if you can make a roti blow up like a ballon, then it is properly cooked. It happened with all my rotis that they blew up, but later I realize, they were a bit uncooked, so I had to again heat tem on the tava.

I have always believed in owing up to your mistakes, and correcting them then and there.

From Johnie walker, “I might be a slow walker, but I don't walk backwards".

No comments:

Followers