Saturday, September 19, 2009

Five years of graduation - A reflection, part 2( On Public demand)

Ok, first the facts. The reflection part happened the usual old fashioned way, where a pen and a paper were involved intimately. It got a trifle too personal and too long so I had debunked the idea of putting it here. Nevertheless, the gist or the output is this.

It is about time I settle down in life, and before that get a life. Break the rut that I have become struck in.

Take a long call, in terms of duration and stand by it through thin and thick times.

Finally for chrissake join a gym, it is increasingly becoming my lifetime ambition. Btw my guiding principles for the future/rues of life are below, a derivative of the reflections, lessons, mistakes etc.
  1. Anything can go wrong. There is never only one way to go forward. Each way has its risks, be aware of the potential pitfalls and take calculated risks. Never carry bitterness with yourself.( Dedicated to arundhati roy a) anything can go wrong. b) It is best to be prepared. Right Estha/ Rahel?
  2. Regularize work timings, 9 to 6
  3. Do multiple things, play sport, go outdoors on weekends, join a gym, join some club, make new friends etc.
  4. Create a structure/process for working
  5. Have a soul mate to discuss problems/scenarios at workplace
  6. I am not a great people handler.
  7. Understand that standing alone you will not achieve anything and even if you do, you will be left alone
  8. Regularize cash flows by getting involved in risk free steady cash flow generating jobs, like weekend teaching etc. Easy said than done, but still.
  9. Have two way reporting where you report to the other person and the other person reports in to you.
  10. Be clear on priorities and your idea on the importance and utility of money and make sure everybody is aware of it, family, friends etc.
  11. As the protagonist in Into the wild discovers in the end, Happiness only real when shared. You need someone with whom you can share the workspace, someone with whom you may share your hobbies to travel, drink, and read and some woman with whom you will share your life. I don’t expect to succeed to find soul mates in all spheres of life but at least I am clear as to where the road can lead, if everything goes right. And with Murphy always on my side, I know what to expect, at all times.
  12. The means are many, take angel funding, reroute cash flows etc. Understand the model first and then choose to adopt it, modify it or completely reject it.
There was a time in my engineering college when we were in a party and the DJ played a good track, we use to shout once moooore, once more( aka public demand). I am not sure, but I guess I tried extrapolating that to a classroom, when somebody went to the board and did a really horrible job of attempting to solve a problem. This or some other way, I did try to apply my knowledge, but don't recall exactly where. This came to my mind courtesy the public demand in the header.

The End.

No comments:

Followers