Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Patience

As is usual, there was a chickening out event, which occurred when it came to shutting down this blog. So, we wait for another day when we can gather sufficient courage and pull it off. 

Though, I am not the kind of person who gets bogged down easily, if a series of incidents one after the other go against me, my usually iron like nerves start showing signs of malleability. They have, now. 

The problem occurs when one usually looks at events or reality from a fixed point with today's coordinates. Rather than looking at an entity like a house and see what all is wrong with it, one can also look at it from a future perspective saying how can it be changed. Most of us are usually too bogged down in the humdrum of daily life to pause and dream a better world and work towards creating it. So am I. But I guess, I am taking the first steps at recognizing that my frustrations are trivial and merely a function of time. When I look back at time, I will look say at a duration, which I might not measure in terms of years or age but between events. Say, what I did between Event A and Event B. And then, remember only the fine things which are worth remembering. The trifle that a tap is not working is just that, a trifle. Today it was like a nuclear bomb.

The maturity of a person lies in how many events can one trivialize and move on.  On that one of my theories is that when something doesn't happen your way, you can either gripe about it or laugh about it. Someone takes a sharp turn in front of you; you can either laugh about it or curse about it. I believe, it is generally better to laugh more than swear in life.

Finally, anything can be made to work. Even the most difficult of marriages , not necessarily spousal. But if one comes with a fixed set of ideas and expectations, start issuing threats and saying you will have to this or that, this will be difficult ,then the equilibrium breaks. 

We need reasons for people to sympathize with ourselves. Reasons are lies. Why models works and do not is never the problem of the model but that of the person executing it. 

Any model can be made to work. Or any marriage. 

Communication is important. So is support. And so is the pleasure of sharing the process of building something. Towards the end in "Into the Wild", the protagonist finally realizes the truth about happiness, Happiness only real when shared. 

There is a difference between command over the language and ability to communicate feelings, likes and dislikes. The challenge for me always has been in communication skills. It is a pity though, that one can have a sufficiently good command over the language and still suck in communication. This has to change.

Objectives

  • Create employment opportunities
  • Change the society
  • Create employee wealth

The list should be added and modified.

2 comments:

Niti said...

please don't shut it down..i did it once..in the fit of irritation and frustration..i dunno ur reason really..but dont..stop visiting it for some time if u like..

communication..it takes 2 to speak the language..this one especially cannot b one sided..

i like ur writing style..quite organised..n great thought..makes you think.:) hope to cya here the next time i drop by.. :)

Take a Hike said...

thank you.

Though, it happens quite often with me that I write tragedies, people read comedies. That is ,usually I prefer my writings not being organised.

Anytime, be my guest.

Followers