Monday, April 27, 2009

An attempt at Biryani/ Pulao

Ingredients

  • Rice 1 cup
  • Water, as required
  • Haldi/ Tumeric powder
  • Salt 1 Teaspoon
  • Kadi Patta leaves, a bit rotten but ok
  • Onion, A bit rotten, so removes as many layers where you can see the yellowing
  • Green Chilli, It has turned red 
  • Ground Nut, I like it , so 2 big spoons
  • Put all the above in a cooker, wait for 3 whistles 
  • Tomato, as randomly cut as you can. For the first two cuts the tomato always behaves, but then I loose control over the direction of cut and just randomly cut into whatever possible shapes

Most of my problems i.e.rotting of vegetables is a result of a lack of refrigerator. My science teacher in school always use to tell me, you need to boil things and eat, while Indians fry everything which results in loss of nutrients. This biryani is dedicated to you ma'm. Jay Shree Ranganathan. 

Also to the ass of the cook who bunked today.

Addendum : They usually puts some oil in cooker, add onion and tadka lagao and then add the rice, and puts the cooker lid. I forgot this part. I added everything in cooker without the tadka. But yes, I will have a healthy , oilless biryani for dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow. 

P.S. : It turned out a good khichdi and a bad biryani. Though , nothing left for breakfast tomorrow. 

 

No comments:

Followers