Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shatranj Ke Khiladi

The increase in the blog posts is a consequence of reading Amit Varma's bio. In it, is written, he did dot com time pass during 2000-2001, and then started writing for publications.

So, I am also trying to bring my writing in shape, least a publication wants me to write for them and also pay me. Not that I possess any talent, but there is a saying in our line. There is always a fool in the market, and if you can't find the fool, there is a good chance that you are the one.

A few to do's for me:

  1. Learn to give a structure to your ideas and hence writing
  2. Stop using conversational language in the written form
  3. Stop using, there are, where, there is, that and other crutches of words.
  4. Make your writing crisp
  5. Always end with a punch, like the Economist writers


Now, I don't possess Arundhati Roy's creativity in prose that I can describe a pothole for a page, but there is always ample space for people in the bottom of the pyramid. I should easily get cozy there.

I played another chess game with my Dad today, And I won. I think this is the first time in my living memory, that I have won a game of chess with anybody in my family. Never mind Dad was being over ambitious and wanted to crush me in the least amount of time. Had he been playing his natural game I would have never won. Even I wasn't playing my natural game. My natural game is the one where I want cleanliness from my chessboard during a match and go on a killing and get killed spree, without discriminating between pawns and non-pawns.

So finally after all these years of loosing to everybody, I did it. It took an aeon of time, but finally I got there.

In other news, followed the Australian open women's final radio commentary on my comp. Better luck next time Hardine. Read Ishquiya's review on rediff. And saw a few video promos's also on rediff. Might watch this one. Vishal Bharadwaj has produced it, should be good.

Strange that nobody has launched an Indian version of Youtube. 

1 comment:

Kuta Kharisma Rent Car said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers