Saturday, September 20, 2008

Something

Since the last few times, I have inquired( wrong usage) on a Saturday or a Sunday, and when an English play is on, it is always house full. In the good old days, i could just walk over to RS and watch the play in a semi filled theater. Guess, times are changing and tis good for some, bad for me.

Small lesson in life: If you stay long enough with an idea, you either succeed or give up. The outcome of this scenario forms your prejudice or better put your outlook in life. It forms one of the many thumb rules we pick up about life, due to our personal experiences, when for all we know the datapoint we represent might just be an outlier. That's how I guess, biases and prejudices are formed, and one day if you live long enough, your kiddo is 20 and wants to explore this world for himself, you tend to impose your biases and prejudices and carve a road out for that bugger to walk.

Which usually is the reason, you end up screwing your relationship with your progeny.

The fuckers fired my boss on thursday, friday was his last day. Pretty unceremonious the whole tamasha. My speculation rests in peace here. He became a father last week and is blessed with twins, one boy and one girl. He is strong enough to take this shit and still walk on.

There is a way to fuck, a way to fire, a way to walk out, and a way to communicate. Unfortunately the powers that be in my firm do not want to understand that. Power corrupts. It's funny when you read in papers that so and so fired so and so number of people, you read the same, have superficial discussions of recession with your friends, spouses, colleagues etc. When lighting falls just on the person standing next to you, you understand what lightining is, especially when you know that person did not deserve it. He had taken a few numbers on his head and then then passed a few to me and some other to another collegue. I and my collegue did not live up to the numbers, it was impossible to and everybody knew it. Hence my boss was given marching orders. Vendatta is the name of the game.

Since I am being a bit diffident about the whole fuck up, i might be given the next marching order. The last words of a Mexican brigand were : Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.

No comments:

Followers