Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jack be nimble, Jack be strong

At the cost of repetition, when I look at things and fret on how bad a situation is, I should merely, objectively assess it. But not take too much from the assessment, what will always be important is, how do you see the future, how can you envision things moving.

In supply chain management, my seniors told me the first rule of forecast is that it is always wrong. Still, the hottest jobs in SCM remain forecasting related.

The fun in life is to take a bet, know the upside and the downside, stop bothering about back up plans or exit strategy and then execute the bet. There will always be a very thin line between the betting coming out trumps or not. History, as NNT points out will be more kind to those whose bets make them and stoicism will still be under rated.

In a way, it seems it is all about taking stances.

When I was being taught various subjects in my engineering, I use to think, it doesn't matter what individually the subjects are called, but the end result should be an ability to comprehend a painting and if courage permits , to paint on a canvass. Would science or math be involved in this. I don't think it would matter.

So Johnie, stop fretting.

1 comment:

Niti said...

It's also about how you would be able to hedge the worst case scenario to an acceptable value -
that's what the fun in SCM forecasting is and we call it 'sense' in life

Followers