Thursday, June 25, 2009

Celebrating a decade

Of getting out of school/ Under graduate college

Of starting to eat vegetables after a conversation

Of standing up after being blown apart

Of taking a year off to prepare for IIT

Of learning to drive a scooter, driving it at high speeds and finally giving it up before I was even eligible for a license.

Of taking care of household chores, helping mom buy vegetables.

Of walking out of ramaiyah.

Of walking into krisnamoorthy.

Of discovering that I can stand up to a BPL service center, a central bank teller, a corrupt BSNL. Win sometimes and letting Anand's dad help me win at other times, with BSNL and shifting of landline to Nallakunta.

Of defying abhishek's dad on the phone and holding my own.

Of clearing the written test for NDA and then chickening out of the physical test and the medical.

Of sleeping for 5 odd hours in the night for a year, for a dream.

Of rewriting my 11th annual exams to improve my overall percentage, only for Mumbai University to ignore 11th as a non board exam a year later.

Of travelling to Kukatpally everyday for a couple of months.

Of realising that it's been a month since dad has been transferred to Mumbai and everybody in the locality knows this, but me.






1 comment:

dhaval said...

awesome humsafar , mitra

Followers