Sunday, December 03, 2006

Red on White

I got hurt today. Scratched my knee cap against an edge of a metal table drawer.
What initially appeared as the surface of the bone (My bone) was merely a part of
the skin. It left a white mark on my skin with blood trying to edge out from one side.
So it' s Red on White.

It's more than 12 hrs since the accident and the surface still remains like that only.
Red on White background. No the white thing is not my bone.

The whole thing made me remind of an hospital test i had in a pathological lab
years ago, where the skin was skimmed.

I browsed through a friends blog. Towards the end of the first post i read,
I could sense a pain developing in my gut.

For an indifferent person , at least that is how i wish to cultivate my self Image,
indifferent to how further it's from reality,to feel a pain after reading a blog is really
a feeling which should not be put into words.

Simply put it's about how he broke up with his long time Girl Friend or as he put it,how she ditched him.I understand there is a certain way to break up relationships, when both party agree (Relationship type, unimportant) that some thing's missing or frequencies have been jumped.

But it rarely happens that way.Reasons can be proposed and disposed, but this is no debate
competition.

I think the pain was a non verbal method of my self communicating with my self. That I was sorry for him that he had to undergo what he had to undergo.

If you are thinking pain is the common thread thought this post , you are wrong. It is just by chance.

I borrowed dettol from my friend and dressed up the cut, without any cream, because none was to be found. Sometimes try to dress up your own wounds and you will realise what an effort it takes to do that. I did this for the first time today , trying two different ways to tie the knot.

The first one was the type my mother does it when she is tending to my wounds. Today I realised it wasn't just heartbreakingly tough, but impossible for me to just repeat what she so effortlessly accomplishes . So i had to try a crude knot which worked.

Knots are used to make sure the cotton stays on the wound preventing any bacteria/ virus from seeking any unsolicited accommodation.Not exactly knots but the white , flat , windowed,
rope/ cloth. The knot is merely a ceremonial gesture signifying the completion of dressing.

The name of that friend continues to remain Vipin.

I am currently reading Chomsky's Understanding Power. Also I hereby declare bookmarks to be complete nuisance and an impediment to Humanity's/ Civilizations (If any) future developments.

Nothing in world can replace the pleasure of trying to reach the exact point where you had stopped reading, the last time around.

My fingers are paining. This is my longest typed -post-in-one-sitting record holder.



2 comments:

Mayank Sharma said...

spell checking is a must in any post.. You meant 'Knee cap' not Knew cap !! How is your knee now ?

Take a Hike said...

OK sir.

Better and rocking.
:)

Followers