Saturday, December 09, 2006

Brutality

I am Happy. Many of my classmates got placed today.With salaries touching a level, I have always believed, MBAs never deserve. If not MBAs, at least guys in their mid 20's should rathar not be given this much.Still it's a tad less than what's on offer in Top 3 B schools. I conversed with a few of my friends about their interviews.

Mistakes.

1.Walked out of academics during 2/3 year of engineering.
2.Believed Life was meant to be lived for the moment.
3.Never believed in certifications.
4.Never had a plan.
5.Never bothered to check with the refree, what were the rules of the game.
6.Never Believed in international certification courses.
7.Never participated in B schools competions ,seriously.
8.Never valued knowledge.
9.No this is not a 10 point answer to a question.
10. Overconfidence

I was never passionate about bikes. But there was this ad on the back cover of a magazine. It carried a snap of a rugged looking guy along with a bike. Alongside was something written, like, I didn't abide by the rules, I took a longer time to achieve goals which my peers achieved well before I did . But i did it my way etc

I might have been anywhere between 10-15 when i saw the ad for the only time I ever saw it.
In banglore the last time, while taking an after dinner walk , my bro blasted me for about 20 minutes to try to take my academics seriously.I kept on defending with the only defence i had, i don't believe in something, why should i indulge in it.Neither of us yielded.

Stance(s)
1.Do only what you like doing.
2. Enjoy whatever you do, otherwise walk out of it.

Well, the hen's come home to roost today. Apocalyptica is playing in the background on my comp. Never care for what they do.Sweet Irony.

Now i juxtapose the Stance and The Mistakes. Or better still throw them all in a bag and forget all about this bag business.

One day in future i pick this bag . Then i pick up one point from the bag. Say it is Mistakes.7
Will i still be able to classify it as a mistake or a stance. For that matter will i still remember the classification i had made years ago.I might.I might not.

It is easier to be impulsive and jump to judgements/decisions. It is tougher to analyse them over a given time frame and then judge them.Even if that is accomplished, would one have lived for the moment, doing so.

The quest of brutality is to stand up to your mistakes and say.
I did 'em.
I will do 'em again.

Lessons

1. Relax.
2.Tomorrow might be worse.
3.Don't listen to Apocalyptica.
4.Always finish a 10 point answer with 10 ponts.
5.Why bother about rules of the game, you didn't invent them anyways.
6. You never expected life to be a bed of roses. Continue to expect the same.

When i started this piece, i was feeling heavy, now am a bit lighter.

2 comments:

nina said...

this article makes for an eerie read.. mainly because these stances are precisely my stances. l'd like to think we all screw life up in our very own unique manner though, so it all works out in the end. cheers!

Take a Hike said...

:)

Donno if it will work out or not,

in the end.

Let's See.

Followers