Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Then Steffi, Now Strauss

I am not a huge tennis or cricket fan. I still do not understand the nomenclature of a cricketing field. And I don't know when was the last time I watched a tennis match in its entirety.

Flashback 1999. I had bombed the JEE, was looking at taking anything in Eamcet at a grand 5k rank, when steffi graf came back from an injury, i guess it was Wimbledon. And won.

It lifted me, her courage, when every critic had written her off and no one believed she could, i suppose neither did she.

And I decided I will give JEE another shot.

Flashback over.

I have been a little hung up of little on what if this works and what if it does not. And then I read a piece on Strauss in cricinfo. How a couple of years back, he had almost given up playing for england and then went out and just enjoyed himself as there was nothing more to loose.

Only after the nadir is hit, can you enjoy the moment.


1 comment:

Rachit Tiwari said...

now this is crap and i know it from experience.....

Followers